Have you ever been to the store shopping and you saw an item on the shelf and there are many different brands packages sizes and quantities? Which one is really the best deal? Well this calculator will help you easily compare the actual cost per unit of similar items when shopping at: the grocery store, the hardware store, the office supply store, the pet store or any other store. Read below the calculator for directions.
Here is what you need.
- A common unit that both items have. This can be ounces (oz), pounds (lbs), milliliters (ml), grams (g), kilograms (kg), quantity (how many total), sheets (like printer paper or toilet paper), feet e(ft), meters (m), inches (in), centimeters (cm) or any other length (such as when buys rope, extension cords, wire, fence, boards, length of Christmas light cords, groceries), really this will work for comparing price on anything with a common unit (often the common unit can be derived, maybe later I will make those calculators) and finding the real bargains .
- A price on each item to be compared. This can be dollars, cents, pounds, francs, Eurodollars, rupees, yen, bitcoins, video game currency, or any other form or currency. Just make sure both items are using the same currency.
Here’s how it works:
- Name the item (optional).
- Put the unit (quantity, length etc..) in the correct box for each item.
- Put the total purchase price for the item into the correct box.
- I have included enough spaces to compare up to five items at once.
Hopefully this calculator will save you some money or at least help you make an informed purchase decision.
You can even figure out the price with coupons simply use the total quantity from the coupon purchase and the total price with the coupon applied to quickly calculate the price per unit.